Spain and Portugal in Style (Summer 2018)
Tour Type: Luxury Gold
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Experience the passion, creativity and romance of Spain and Portugal, as you witness fiery flamenco performances, marvel at Gaudi's dreamy architecture and appreciate enchanting citrus-scented squares. Along the way, appreciate the diversity of architectural styles - ranging from contemporary to Moorish - and taste some of the region's most iconic dishes, including paella. We'll introduce you to local historians, chefs and musicians, as you travel in luxurious comfort and stay in the heart of each destination. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury GoldExceptional Dining
- Lisbon: Enjoy small-group dining with mouth-watering menus at a selection of local restaurants.
- Evora: In an old refectory, set in a former Jesuit retreat, enjoy a delicious wine tasting.
- Flavours of Andalusia: Discover the varied flavours of Andalusia during a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Learn the culinary secrets to some of Spain's most popular dishes and enjoy your own creations for lunch.
- Lisbon: Visit the fishing port of Cacilhas for your Highlight Dinner, enjoying flavours of the sea and accompanied by local wines during your first evening on Portuguese shores.
- Madrid: Boasting a contemporary gastro bar and restaurant, Michelin-starred Albora is known is known for its distinct flavours and high quality dishes inspired by seasonal ingredients. Wine lovers will delight in the impressive variety of regional cellar wines on offer.
- Le Bistrot: Explore the flavours of Andalusia with a market tour and Spanish cooking experience where you'll create some of Spain's most popular dishes. Enjoy the fruits of your labour with a delicious lunch.
- Dining Summary: 12 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Seville: From the Moorish Patio de los Naranjos, step inside the cathedral with a Local Expert to see the main chapel and golden altarpiece, then head to the Tomb of Columbus.
- Seville: Perhaps the best way to appreciate this city is by a romantic horse drawn carriage ride through the streets.
- Seville: Take your seat for an intimate experience where flamenco guitar and voice is paired with the raw emotion, colour and rhythmic expression of dance.
- Barcelona: Once inside Gaudi's amazing Sagrada Familia, look up at the detailed wonders of his famous architectural masterpiece.
- Cordoba: Explore the amazing Mezquita, walking through it's forest of horseshoe-shaped arches and pillars to the Christian cathedral within.
- Granada: Join a Local Expert at the exquisite Alhambra Palace, complemented by a walk through the scented Generalife Gardens.
- Lisbon: Visit the Jeronimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture.
- Madrid: An art historian will provide an in-depth look at Spain's finest collection of paintings at the Prado Museum.
- Merida: Famous for its Roman ruins, Merida is full of history and ancient architecture. Marvel at the well-preserved Roman Theatre.
- Barcelona: In the heart of the city stands the luxurious Casa Fuster Hotel. This iconic Modernist building was designed by the famous Catalan architect Lluis Domenech i Montaner, whose work, including the hotel, is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Madrid: The Westin Palace is located in the centre of Madrid, within walking distance of the most prestigious museums in the city, including Thyssen Museum and the Prado Museum, and a selection of boutique shops and popular eateries.
- Valencia: The Westin Valencia is perfectly located in the city centre, in a quiet area next to Paseo de la Alameda, with a warm and relaxing atmosphere in American art-deco style.
- Seville: Located in the heart of the city, Seville's Gran Melia Colon combines historical features with contemporary touches to create warmth and elegance.
- Lisbon: Located in Terreiro do Paco, a historic part of the city, the Pousada de Lisboa is a boutique hotel offering elegantly decorated guest rooms in a classic style.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- Barcelona: Enjoy exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Barcelona's Liceu Opera house and attend a reception at its private members' club, Cercle del Liceu.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
|Call (610) 709-9876 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867491|
|Luxury Gold by Insight|
|Offer valid through 6/30/2018|
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (please ask about our great deals)|
|Day 2||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona: On arrival at Barcelona airport, you will be met and transferred to your boutique, five-star hotel. At 16:00 join your Travelling Concierge for an after-hours, behind-the-scenes tour of the famed Liceu Opera House. Visit its exclusive members' club, Cercle del Liceu, which houses the largest private art collection in Catalonia. Enjoy a glass of cava with your travelling companions, before gathering for dinner by the seaside at Restaurant Maritim. Gentlemen must wear a jacket and tie. (Dinner with Wine)|
Casa Fuster Hotel, Barcelona.
|Day 3||Barcelona||Catalonia's Creative Capital: Barcelona is a melting pot of dreamy architecture, a historic cathedral, seaside splendour and gastronomic delights. Meet your Local Expert in the Gothic Quarter for an exploration of the medieval streets and squares, and see some of the most ?amboyant buildings of the Catalan art nouveau movement. Visit Gaudi's imaginative Sagrada Familia, where mosaic spires pierce the sky like a giant crown. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, perhaps strolling from your hotel to another one of Gaudi's masterpieces, Casa Batllo. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Casa Fuster Hotel, Barcelona.
|Day 4||Valencia||Valencia and the Orange Blossom Coast: Follow the sunny Costa Dorada to sea-lapped Peniscola. Explore the lanes and white-walled houses clustered around the castle and featured in the ?lm 'El Cid.' Continue past orange groves to Valencia, where ultra-modern buildings rub shoulders with medieval town gates. For dinner, a local chef entices you with incredible traditional paella, native to Valencia. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Granada||Granada and the Alhambra Palace: Granada is a rich oasis of Moorish architecture and flourishing Romany culture. A Local Expert will show you the exquisite Alhambra Palace and exotic water gardens built by the Moors in the 13th century. Enjoy a relaxed evening soaking up the views from your hotel or taking a stroll to Plaza de Bib-Rambla for dinner. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Alhambra Palace, Granada
|Day 6||Seville||Cordoba and Seville: Journey through the silent sierras to Cordoba with views of the Old Roman Bridge. Arrive at the magni?cent Mezquita, one of the greatest works of Islamic architecture. Your Local Expert walks you through a forest of delicate arches and pillars to the opulent Christian cathedral nestled within. Stroll through the Jewish Quarter before continuing to the stunning Andalusian capital of Seville. Spend the evening at your leisure, perhaps wander to the nearby Church of El Salvador, which offers spectacular views of the city at night? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 7||Seville||Seville, the City of Carmen: Join your Local Expert in the white-washed alleys and ?ower-decked squares of the Santa Cruz quarter. Emerge near the cathedral to visit the main chapel and tomb of Columbus. Enjoy free time before a romantic clip clop through the charming streets by horse-and-carriage. An 18th century mansion hosts you for a drink, followed by an intimate and passionate performance of ?ery ?amenco. Dinner tonight is accompanied by the music of a classical guitarist at an elegant restaurant. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 8||Seville||The Flavours of Andalusia: Discover the ?avours of Andalusia during a market tour and Spanish cooking experience. Learn the culinary secrets to some of Spain's most popular dishes and enjoy your own creations for lunch, along with a glass or two of wine. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps bask in the sun in Parque de Maria Luisa or visit Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza, the oldest bullring in Spain? (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)|
Gran Melia Colon, Seville.
|Day 9||Lisbon||Across the Alentejo to Lisbon: Travel to the green slopes of the Sierra de Aracena, where black Iberian pigs snuf?e for acorns through glades of oak. Then continue across the wide Alentejo Plateau to the Portuguese capital of Lisbon. After an afternoon at leisure, cross the mighty Tagus by ferry to the ?shing port of Cacilhas for a Highlight Dinner that draws on the ?avours of the sea, accompanied with the best local wines. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Pousada de Lisboa, Lisbon
|Day 10||Lisbon||Lisbon and the Age of Discoveries: With your Local Expert, visit the Belem Quarter, where sailing ships once set forth to discover unknown lands. View the Monument to the Discoveries and the more ancient Belem Tower, a fortress that was originally set in the middle of the river but with receding waters, now sits on the riverbank. Visit the 500-year-old Jeronimos Monastery with its Manueline architecture, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This evening you're invited to choose from a selection of local restaurants during an evening of authentic dining. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Pousada de Lisboa, Lisbon
|Day 11||Evora||Forever Evora: The lively university town of Evora is one of the best-preserved towns in Portugal, with architectural styles dating back to Roman times. Join your Local Expert for a walk around this city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then head to L'AND Vineyards to explore the winery, learn about their wine making process and taste a selection of their tantalising wines. In the evening, enjoy dinner and wine at your hotel. (Buffet breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Convento do Espinheiro, Evora.
|Day 12||Madrid||The Roman Ruins of Merida and Madrid.: Venture across patterned agricultural lands to the Spanish border and continue to Merida, famous for its extensive Roman ruins. Visit the well-preserved Roman Theatre where a variety of plays were once performed to delight the patrons of ancient Lusitania. Journey through the sunbaked landscapes of Extremadura to the stately Spanish capital, Madrid. With the evening at leisure to explore as you wish, perhaps stroll to Plaza Mayor or Plaza Santa Ana and savour some typical Castilian cuisine? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Westin Palace, Madrid
|Day 13||Madrid||Madrid of the Bourbons: Admire the tree-lined avenues, Cibeles Fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace as you explore the heart of Madrid. Continue through the Puerta del Sol to the magni?cent Prado Museum, where an art historian provides an in-depth look at the world's ?nest collection of Spanish paintings. In the afternoon, enjoy time at leisure to further explore the glories of Madrid. This evening, you're invited to the Michelin-starred Albora Bar and Restaurant for your Celebration Dinner. Raise a glass to new memories and friendships, as you dine on classic cuisine in a stylish, modern setting. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Westin Palace, Madrid
|Day 14||Depart Madrid||Depart Madrid: After breakfast, bid farewell to your travel companions and transfer to Madrid Barajas Airport for your onward journey. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Notes: Twin prices are per person. 17 May departure will stay at alternative accommodation of similar standard. Special Small Groups: 31 May & 26 Jul departures are limited to just 24 guests.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class